Chambers & Partners 2022
Three New Square IP is a formidable presence in the field and is home to a deep bench of barristers instructed in many of the leading patent and trade mark cases. The barristers regularly represent top life sciences, telecoms and manufacturing clients in high-profile patent litigation. They have acted in numerous appeals before the Supreme Court, including in the recent case of Regeneron v Kymab, concerning patent rights relating to antibody-producing mice. The set also leads the field in important trade mark and design rights work.
Three New Square’s IT law practice draws on the set’s recognised “strength in depth” in the often related realm of intellectual property. Matters taken on by chambers’ tenants cover complex issues of patent infringement, as well as FRAND licensing concerns. Members of the set are sought out by government bodies, financial institutions and prominent technology companies, particularly in the field of mobile phone technology.
Legal 500 2022
- ‘Excellent set of chambers with many of the leading names in the field.’
- ‘Three New Square is among the leading IP sets.’
- ‘Three New Square is a leading set of IP barristers. It has great strength in depth.’
- ‘The set offers good availability of the very best IP talent.’
- ‘Three New Square is one of the go-to sets for patent litigation, with a deep bench of talented QCs and juniors.’
- ‘3 New Square are a good IP set with strength in depth in the field.’
- ‘The Three New Square set is possibly the best overall in IP. It has a good range of capable barristers, thus providing strength in depth.’
Juve Patent 2022
- “It is unusual to read any UK High Court judgment without seeing a named barrister from this set, and 3 New Square’s highly visible members frequently appear on the claimant side. Its large selection of QCs and juniors are especially active in complex pharmaceutical and life sciences proceedings”
- “The set remains prominent in its contribution to the wider UK patent landscape, with the Competition Appeal Tribunal recently appointing silk Justin Turner as chairman. Along with other senior barristers such as Douglas Campbell holding deputy judge positions in the UK judiciary, 3 New Square barristers continue to demonstrate their flexibility across all areas of patent law. A bench of highly-capable juniors such as Katherine Moggridge and Miles Copeland ensure the set will retain its reputation, especially in pharmaceutical litigation, for years to come.”